open solutions for the real estate industry
This article summarizes the required steps to install OpenEstate-ImmoTool.
Please assure, that Java is installed on your operating system. You can download the latest version of Java from Oracle for free.
Mac OS X (up to 10.6) integrates Java already. Please start the automatic update process to make sure, that you have installed the latest available Java version. With Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and newer Java must be installed manually. You can download the installation package from Apple for free.
Most Linux distributions also provide packages for ‘Sun Java’ / ‘Oracle Java’. Please ask your distributor for the recommended installation procedure – e.g:
- Debian provides the package sun-java6-jre in their non-free repository.
- Ubuntu provides the package sun-java6-jre in their partner repository.
- Arch Linux provides the package jre in their community repository.
- SUSE / openSUSE provides the package java-1_6-sun in their non-OSS repository.
To download OpenEstate-ImmoTool you need to register for an user account in advance. After completing the first step of registration, you will receive an email with an activation link for your account. Of course, your registration is free of charge and non-binding.
After the registration steps have been finished, you can login to the users area with your email-address and your chosen password. Open the application section afterwards to request a license and download the program files. You will get your individual license key during this procedure.
Which ImmoTool-package fits best for me?
It depends on your operating system, which installation package should be used at best.
- At Windows you may use the EXE-installer. If the installation program fails, you can extract the ZIP-archive alternatively.
- At Mac OS X you may use the PKG-installer. If the installation program fails, you can extract the TAR.GZ- or ZIP-archive alternatively.
- At Linux you may use the JAR-installer. If the installation program fails, you can extract the TAR.GZ- or ZIP-archive alternatively.
The way of installation depends on the downloaded ImmoTool package.
- EXE installer: Execute the installation program with a double click and follow it’s instructions.
- PKG installer: Execute the installation program with a double click and follow it’s instructions.
- JAR installer: Depending on your system, you can execute the installation program with a double click. Otherwise you can execute it with the following command from the command line:
java -jar OpenEstate-ImmoTool-0.9.x-Setup.jar
- ZIP / TAR.GZ archive: Extract the archive to your local hard disk. No further installations steps are required in this case.
Depending on your operating system, ImmoTool can be launched in one of the following ways.
- At Windows you may run the application by launching ImmoTool.exe or ImmoTool.bat.
- At Mac OS X you may run the application by launching the application symbol in the installation folder.
- At Linux & Mac OS X you may run the application by launching the ImmoTool.sh script.